The Lord is calling

     You know that feeling, the feeling that someone is watching you and you turn your head just to make eye contact with that someone? Many years ago my husband and I lived in an adorable little apartment in Mexico. We were asleep one night and I felt it, I woke up but didn't open my eyes, I could feel someone was watching me, I could feel someone's presence in the doorway of our bedroom and before I was able to open my eyes I heard a voice say, "The Lord is calling".

     Like any good Christian I arose and prayed, "speak Lord, your servant hears", but got nothing in return but silence. A silence that has haunted me for years. Did I pray hard enough, maybe I should have prayed longer? What did I miss out on? That was 18 years ago, I just got my answer.
    
     My husband and I recently attended a revival at http://firstchurchsterlingheights.com/ where Rev. Tisdale was preaching about Blind Bartimeus. He talked about how Bartimeus cried out and the crowd tried to quiet him and how the Lord stopped. His cries stopped God in his tracks.  "Jesus stopped and said, “Call him.”
     "So they called to the blind man, “Cheer up! On your feet! He’s calling you.” Mark 10:49 NIV
The preacher then said, "they told him, come on, 'The Lord is calling". He talked about how he could have missed out if he hadn't heeded the voice that called out to him and then continued preaching about how God is calling and asking us like he asked Bartimeus, "what would you have me do for you?"

     I have recently confessed to my family that the Lord has been convicting me of being too passive. Too passive in prayer and in my walk with God. I need to speak up more and not be afraid to ask. We lived in Indiana for a year and were able to get to know one of my moms cousins. A woman of influence in the  Hispanic community who in turned helped our church out greatly. Through her we were able to get thousands of dollars donated to our church for free from the local bank for Turkey give aways, Christmas ham give aways and toy drives. We even brought both the Mexican and Guatemalan consulates to update and renew visas! Her motto is: "You'll be surprised by what you can get if you just ask". How true, doesn't the Bible admonish us, "you have not because you ask not"?  God does want to bless us! The same way I would do anything to give my son the desires and wants he has, God is waiting by saying, "What would you have me do for you?"

     I don't remember what my request would have been 18 years ago, probably something more holy like revival and a church building, things we did receive there in Mexico. I do know what I want today, to adopt a few more children and a house big enough so my family can grow. I answered the call from that far away night a few weeks ago and made my petition known, now it's your turn, what would you have Him do for you today?

"“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."
Matthew 7:7

Comments

  1. To allow us to see your weakness is a giant step to total freedom in Christ. Thank you for sharing with us that it's okay to ask. To ask is saying I can't but you can Lord. Thank you my Angela <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts