Finding the Unchanging God in Times of Uncertainty

     I have been awake since 4:00 a.m. this morning. A combination of a cup of coffee consumed way too late and a hoard of thoughts rolling through my head.  Many times we find ourselves in these stages, brains full and tired bodies. Psalm 61:2 says, "When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I" I find myself this morning at The Rock, emptying out my brain like a basket full of merchandise. I hand over my worries to the Lord, my loved ones, myself ultimately. 
     I don't know why we as Christians face and walk through different journeys. I don't completely understand anxiety, depression, autism and PTSD. The list could go on but those are on my plate today. I gladly discard those scraps of worry for peace. This is a biblical formula I use regularly. Trading anxieties and worries for peace, it works every time. 
     "Be anxious for nothing but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made know unto God. And the peace of God which passeth all understanding shall keep your hearts and MINDS though Christ Jesus". Philippians 4:6,7
1. Stop-recognize anxiety or worry
2. Pray and make your requests know to God
3. He WILL give you unexplained peace
4. He will keep your heart and MIND!
     I recently read a wonderful book written by a teen with autism titled, "The reason I jump" by Naoki Higashidi. This young man found his voice through writing and has been able to explain why he practices certain autistic behaviors. In the book which written in question and answer form, I found an anchor.

Q#36  "Why do you like spinning?"
A "...unchanging things are comforting, and there is something beautiful about that".
     
My son has had a constant obsession with spinning things, circles and wheels since he was a toddler. Upon reading this my mind instantly raced to Ezequiel 1:16, "...and their appearance and their work was as it was a wheel in the middle of a wheel".  This powerful scripture reminds me of an unchanging God. He is a wheel, perfect, consistent and constant and there is something beautiful about that!

"Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today and forever." Hebrews 13:8
   

Comments

Popular Posts