How long should we wait? If we adopt does that mean we don't believe in Gods healing power?  These are just some of the questions that plagued us as christians and not only christians but also as Pastors. After our first year of marriage we decided we were ready to start a family. We tried to program it with our close friends so our children could grow up together. I painfully watched as my friend had her first and then her second child. It became obvious that there was a problem.
     Did I mention we lived overseas in the country of Mexico where women pop out babies like their life depended on it. So home remedies and unwelcomed advice were the norm. There were many explanations on why I could not have children, my favorites are  A) I watched a total eclipse of the sun without wearing a red ribbon to ward off infertility. B) It was my punishment from God for taking the pill.
     What did God think about this and why would He do this to me? Doesn't he want to give me the desires of my heart? If we chose to adopt and He planned on healing me will He change his mind? These sound like silly questions to the outsider but if you've walked down this lonely road of infertility you have asked yourself the same thing.
     That was 19 years ago. The home remedies did not work, God did not choose to heal me physically but he did heal me emotionally! He had another plan for me. One that not everyone can carry out. God chose us to adopt and to raise children who might not otherwise have a chance. Does God want to heal everyone, I have to say yes. That includes babies left at hospitals,  toddlers who are in Foster care because of neglect and older children who are suffering from post traumatic stress sydrome because of their past neglect. I pray that God will make your path plain and show you the plans he has for you and your spouse!

" For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Comments

Popular Posts